Breaking News
Loading...

New diet Good healthy

Share on Google Plus

diet
trying a new diet, and hoping it sticks, is like trying something new at a favorite restaurant. I often return to the eateries where I know exactly what I like. Occasionally trying something new is exciting, offering all sorts of possibilities, but in the end I usually wind up going back to flavors I have loved before. It is hard to adopt new foods or practices.


There’s a certain restaurant where my regular lasagna experience was almost ruined by a one-time encounter with a weird-meat stuffed ravioli. I don’t know what I was thinking. The ravioli looked so good on the menu, but tasted so odd. How could I ever go against lasagna? Lasagna is layered, for Pete’s sake! February rolls around and spring is starting to come into focus. Hopefully any weight loss goals set in January are still on the horizon. I know I made a few resolutions that are still in my sights. I’m feeling pretty good about them.
It’s been a long time since anything has stuck for me, too. Being a parent of two girls who love to play travel sports, it’s so easy to lose site of long-range goals. Way too easy to eat bad, drink often and not exercise.
So finding something that works is an ongoing challenge. And I’ve tried a lot of different diets with funny names. I tried the avoiding-all-things-bread diet. That worked great until we went to get some lasagna. Breadsticks always taste good with lasagna. Scratch that idea.
My good friend, Justin Grinnell, suggested I try the intermittent fasting (check out his article on page 29). I said I’d give it a go. I did great on the first day until I got so hungry I had to eat. I only made it to breakfast, I’m sorry to say. I don’t have the willpower to avoid eating. Scratch that idea too.
I’ve tried other diets proposed as features for the magazine. You’d be amazed at the number of different ideas that are out there. Every one of them makes sense in some way, and every one of them has a success story attached. Credibility is key to diets and so are pictures of skinny people holding up enormous pairs of pants.
What’s worked for me is to record what I eat. I don’t always like the report, but at least I can see where the calories add up, or where the nutrients are missing. I work out as much as I can, avoid fast food, and drink water. Lots of water.
I examine all the different diet ideas I find in my inbox. I ask people who know a lot more than me about nutrition and the human body what they think. As long as they promote a healthy lifestyle, it’s usually worth a go.
I advise anyone who is looking at any diet to do the same. I have a vast network of writers, who are nutritionists, doctors and personal trainers, to advise me. And, of course, I always talk to my doctor. I urge any reader to do the same.
And when it comes to ordering off the menu, I suggest the following: Splurge once in a while, but stick with your real favorites. Like lasagna. And, of course, a lot of breadsticks.
Enjoy the issue!

The main source is Healthy & Fit Magazine October 2013

You Might Also Like

0 التعليقات

Search This Blog

Find us on Facebook

https://www.paidverts.com/ref/abdallahmait